This is some yarn I finally finished up last night. How it came to be dyed is an interesting story. I was dyeing a sock blank for the first time, and I had put waaaaaay too much dye on it. It was going to turn into a mess if I tried to roll it up for steaming, so I grabbed this bundle of wool, plunked it in for a quick soak, and smooshed it onto the sock blank to mop up the excess dye. Turned out beautiful.
The original sock blank had a zigzag of neon green going down the middle of the blank with red-purple and blue-purple in the alternating triangles. The sock blank was a much deeper color that this fiber, but since I put the acid in with the dye, more of the pigment strikes on application, leaving fewer particles in the runoff, hence the lighter shades.
It’s a fingering weight three-ply yarn, about 700 yards. No idea yet as to what it will become.