Okay, let’s get caught up on everything that has been accomplished:
- Directv given the boot – hello, Roku! (love, love, love the Roku)
- rooms for our 2014 vacation booked
- various course stuff lined out
- more legal/estate stuff taken care of as it’s cropping up
- stash yarn used
- archived two years’ worth of courses in preparation for deletion
See, that’s just a list of five things, but there’s several things to most of those things (okay, the rooms were booked within three minutes, but I had agonized about it for weeks).
The good news is I’m at a point where I’m freaking out less about how much stuff I have to do in the courses I’m taking. That could be false optimism, but I’m going with it. The courses I’m teaching are starting to settle in to a good routine. I’m still looking forward to being done with this semester. My taking-courses are over April 30, not that I’m counting. I’m such a bad academic because I should be rapturous that I’m getting the opportunity to gain all this new knowledge, but I’m also a tired academic. Truthfully, I’m not sure there’s any other kind.
Knitting – when we last talked, I was working on a sweater. That sweater is now done, plus a new one has been started along with a couple of socks, all with stash yarn. However, I’ve not been entirely good.
I could not resist. You had to buy yarn to get the pattern. Do you hear me? HAD TO.
Though you can see them in the Flickr stream over on the right, I’ll go ahead and post a picture of the socks I’m working on, just because they look rather Valentine-y.
That’s Springtree Road Muscadine Sock in Bramble, one of the yarns from the Sock Clique I was a part of. It’s awesome for showing off twisty stitches, and there are just a few of those in this sock, Maeva from Knitty.
Reading: Yeah, no. I’m reading books for classes, and that’s it. I did get The Hangman’s Daughter as my Kindle Lending Library book for February and read the first chapter. So, that’s something.
What’s up next on the list? Instead of listing six items every day, I feel like I need to start a huge list on the weekend and cross stuff off as I get it done. Still this weekend, I need to:
- Do two response posts in 682
- Do the next initial post in 682
- Do second post in 660
- Do four response posts in 660
- Do Ramblin’s taxes
- Gather all of my tax stuff for the CPA (working in one state, living in another, tuition, business income in some years, now part owner on the farm – oh heck yes, I’m having someone else do it)
- Prep three sections of my teaching-courses for the coming week
And really, I don’t have to have my tax stuff gathered until I’m actually going to the CPA’s office, and that will hinge on when the rest of the family has their stuff to take over as well. But that’s still plenty of things on the agenda.
And on that note, I’ll leave you with a Red Velvet Latte.