Here’s how today shook out:
- got legal stuff done
- called family members for a meet-up this weekend to finish off legal stuff
- finished module in Blackboard training
- responded to all email
- filled out application for graduation
- bought olive oil for popcorn (I haven’t had oil to pop popcorn since Sunday – I’m not sure how I’ve made it this long)
Well, it’s not the entire original list, but by golly, I got stuff done today. And that feels good. So, what’s up for tomorrow?
- complete another module for training (I’m on a roll, can’t stop now)
- respond to emails
- grade one course assignment
- grade another course assignments (if there are any; this course has been omniously quiet)
- grade the other course
- figure out what the heck is going on in the other course
- renew library book (yes, it’s seven items, but it will be the fill in for the one course in which the students have gone AWOL; also, I have to renew it tomorrow or suffer the consequences!)
Allow me to clarify a bit. I’ve taken over a course for a semester for another instructor, and it’s weird to be administering a course I didn’t build. When I was working on that issue from the other day, I told the awesome tech support guy, “It’s like I’m in someone else’s house, and I have no idea where anything is.” It’s very disconcerting. I’ve got most of it squared away, but then I sort of found some evidence of other stuff, but not the stuff itself.
In knitting news, I’ve been knitting on a cowl. It’s a lovely yarn from Dream in Color, made of wool, silk, cashmere, and mohair. I’m not a fan of mohair, but it’s not spun in a way to be mohairy, if that makes sense to you.
No reading or exercising today, but the legal stuff did take up about four hours (including travel). And really, without going into details here, the legal stuff is something that will be really good for the family in years to come. We basically untangled almost a century of paperwork and got it in good order. That’s no small feat.